Tuesday, February 6, 2018

Week One - MTC

 Hey everyone I'm alive (haha)
>
> The MTC is amazing! And the spirit is so strong here!
>
> Day 1: I couldn't stop smiling as soon as they put that tag on me:) then they showed me to my room and then to my class room. I got the best companion ever,  we had connected on Instagram about a month before I came here.  So crazy that we ended up as companions. Her name is Sister Hertzberg and she's from California. Me and her are very similar. She's pretty reserved and quite and so am I!  Well sometimes ( haha ) but we have really opened up to each other and we really teach well together. I have learned so much from her.
>
> Days 2-4 were pretty much the same. Go to class stress myself out haha go to lunch. Then companion/personal study which is one of my favorite times of the day. Here at the MTC I spend most of my time in building T4 which is the new building. It's so peaceful and bright in there I love it. They also have so many beautiful paintings/pictures everywhere with scriptures to go along with them. They also have ponder rooms with beautiful landscape pictures and music. There is two on every floor and there are 6 floors. 
>
> Day 5 (Sunday) okay this was my hardest day and that's going to shock most because that's everyone's favorite day, it was a good day, but Saturday night was the night me and my roommates forgot to say roommate prayers.  Everyone was asleep and I was still trying to fall asleep when I got a ton of pressure in my chest and doubts feelings in my mind. I knelt down and prayed and I felt comfort and peace and then it hit again. I did this about 5 times. On the 6th time when I got up from my prayer crying to heavenly father. I crawled back into bed and my doubts started coming, I had the thought repeat your missionary purpose in your head. So I did over and over again and I was able to fall asleep. When I woke up I thought it would be all over. Oh boy was I wrong! Satan hit twice as hard and I was in anxiety all morning. I kept having a feeling to get a blessing and I didn't know where to go for one. It wasn't until after church.  Well, I went up to one of the branch presidents wife's and in tears asked her who could give me a blessing?  She grabbed her husband and they took me into a separate room and asked me what was wrong and how I was doing. I fell apart and told them everything. The wife was crying with me and then he gave me a blessing of comfort and it was so beautiful. They told me I was meant to be here and that I was an amazing girl and that coming to them was the right thing to do.
>
> Well, that comfort didn't last to long because yep Satan was back and coming down on me so hard. It wasn't till the 6th day Monday morning when we taught Doug our investigator and the spirit taught through me and my companion that Satan wasn't there. I came to the realization that Satan was trying to tear me down and make me break so that I would quit. Well, I'm not going to quit I know this is where I'm meant to be and Satan is so scared of  what I'm going to do out in Missouri.  I've also learned while being here, that when life's hard and Satan is trying to break you, to not turn inwards.... Turn outwards. That's what I've been striving to do and it really helps. Just losing myself in the work and my investigators.
>
> I know that Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ love me so much and are always by my side. I know that they wouldn't have me go through anything that I can't handle.
>
> Me and my district joined the choir...haha yes you are right I can't sing and I told my district that haha
> But I went and it was amazing! The director is so funny and has amazing stories.  Yes, half the time I'm just faking it (opening my mouth and mouthing the words).
>
> I love this gospel so much and can't wait to be out in the field but I still have so much to learn. Love you all so very much!
>
> Come what may and love it
> 3D&G
> xoxo Sister Bitters












No comments:

Post a Comment