Tuesday, April 3, 2018

GEN CON 2k18 (Week Nine)

Well this week was great! Tuesday morning Sister Payne needed to go to the Chiropractor to get her body re-lined.  When we got there he had a advertisement for a really cool message chair and we commented on it and he smiled and said want to try it out? I said "heck ya"πŸ˜‚
So I got a full body massage for 30 minutes. AMAZING!!!!! 

We had study time with Ruby again, she's amazing and is still planning on going on a mission.  It has been a great experience to sit down with her to read and pray about the Book of Mormon. It is truly a gift from God.  READ IT!!!!!!

We have been challenged by President Love to share the "Because of Him" video with as many people as we can. I love this video and have really experienced sweet and tender moments sharing it. One moment was as we were at a dinner appointment with this family, they have 4 sweet little kids, the oldest being 10, all the way down to the age of 2.  We watched the video and the 2 year old asked to watch it again. So I replayed it for her. It was so sweet watching her face and then she just said the sweetest thing, "That's Jesus! I love him"  ❤❤❤❤❤, it just melted my heart. 

Another moment was in district meeting this week.  At district meeting each companionship gives a 5 minute training.   Sister Payne and I, taught Jesus Christ's earthy ministry and Atonement. We read Mosiah 14 (which I highly recommend) and then played the video for them. The spirit was so strong! I bore testimony after and I just felt the spirit speaking through me. I love this gospel with all my heart and I love my Savior even more. 
We have been meeting with Bee and Marion! I love them so much! Marion calls us his girl friends πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚ they are progressing slowly, but they are progressing. 

Mike from the community center is so amazing.  On Thursday we went to go do our morning run and as soon as I got in the car to go to the community center I had a huge headache and was not feeling great, definitely not in the mood to run.  So I decided to walked laps instead.  Well now that I look back on it I see it was the spirit setting me up.   While I was walking Mike came out and walked with me, I was able to chat with him. We talked about the gospel and the church,  he asked to come to church and I asked if we could come by and share with him more of our message and he said yes and gave me his number.  Then he proceeds to tell me that he wanted us to go see his sister too.  She's struggling and he thinks she could use some support. So he is going to check with her. So two new potentialsπŸ‘ 

Ashley :)  When I had first got to Warrenburg, we had contacted her by knocking on her door. She was  super sweet and super welcoming.  After that first visit we have had a hard time getting back with her, I thought might be putting us off,  but we have finely made contact with her again, have taught her again and she's having us come back!  She is turning out to be great and I love her dogs❤ so yes life here in the Burg is amazing and I just love it so much! 

GEN CON 2k18:

Saturday session was AMAZING! Sustaining Russel M Nelsen was so powerful.  When I sustained him I just got a wave of emotion that I knew this man was called from God, to be his mouth piece to lead and guide the church here on earth.  We were at a New concerts home at the time and to watch this new convert raise his hand and sustain the Prophet of very emotional.  

Heavenly father is so aware of all of us and all of our circumstances. I watched one session with a member who has been struggling and going through a lot. She lost her brother last year, and has been trying to work through all of that and much much more.  In the Saturday afternoon session Heavenly Father spoke to her and answered her questions. I felt so honored and blessed to be part of such a special moment. Heavenly father answered a lot of my questions and it brought me so much comfort. 

I'm determined that every time President Nelsen goes to speak he is going to drop some big announcement. Haha, it's kinda like drop the Mic, walk away. Well for President Nelsen it was drop an announcement and walk away πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚ 

Heavenly father definitely spoke to me a couple times in conference and my questions were answered. I hope that some of your questions were answered also, and that you all grew in your testimonies and will take all the amazing council that you received, remember it and live it.   

Okay, quick story about Saturday.  We have a good friend named Denis. We met him at the food pantry and the Community Center were he works and we do community service every week.  He is always amazed in what we do and interested in our Church, we have taught him a little every time we are there.  Ok, so I think it was Wednesday (LOL) we were at the Community Center and we ran into Denis, he starts telling us about his plans for Easter and how his family was coming over @ 2 on Saturday for dinner. Well, Sister Payne to be funny goes okay 2 sounds great, we will be there.  We laughed and said just kidding, and he goes, wait, yes, come to dinner, here is my address. So Saturday comes around and we head to Denis's house after the first session, we get there at about 2:30, we totally feel bad because we are late, he comes to the door and we apologize and he says, why are you apologizing your not late. We were confused but went in and sat down, it was then that we saw it was his whole family, WOW.  They were all so sweet, loving and so welcoming. Well 30 minutes in we found out that we were not there for just dinner.... No, we are there for the whole party, haha The EASTER egg hunt, the coloring of the eggs and then dinner. We had to explain that we had to leave, because we had an appointment (aka, second session of conference).  So they told us to come back after... so we did. After the second session we went back to Denis's house and ate with them and played games and just had a great night getting to know all of them. They were very interested in what we were doing as Missionaries, and had a lot of questions about the church.  What we thought was a dinner with his close family turned out to be more of a family reunion and a great opportunity for us, we got to introduce a lot of people to the gospel.  Sister Payne and I are really excited to get to know them more and hope that we have the opportunity to teach them more about the gospel, and share with them how it can bless their lives.  

Well I love you all so much and miss you all like crazy! Hope all is well at home ❤ 

Always in my heart 
Sister Bitters

Warrenburg District... Sister Bitters loves this group of missionaries

Pottery Night...

End Results

Sister Bitters always finding the kids to hang out with:) 


and the DOGS:)

HAPPY EASTER FROM THE SISTER MISSIONARIES...







No comments:

Post a Comment