Monday, April 9, 2018

Week Ten

Hey y'all! Yes I can say y'all because I'm in the mid-west πŸ˜πŸ‘

I can't believe I'm already one transfer into the mission! I still can't believe I'm a missionary. Best calling I have received in my life so far. I'm staying in the Burg!  And I'm still with Sister Payne!  So YAY because I'm not done here yet! No one ever told me how sad it is at transfer times. You get so attached to your district and make homies and then their gone. Sad, but happy because they are needed other places. I can't wait for the new missionaries I get to meet and create many more friendships. 

Well this week has been pretty chill and full of service:) we helped a member pack up her house and load into the moving truck. I'm also a pro-jar-opener this member had 50 jars of food that she didn't want to take, so my job was to open them and dump them out and wash them out. Wow, some of them smelled awful (haha).  Sister Payne and I, got creative, we had Gain dish soap, so we would hold it up to our noses and squeeze it really fast for the air to come up and block the smell. 

At the food pantry we helped restock this week. They always have so much to do there, but I really enjoy helping out there and meeting new people of different religions. While we were there they got a call from one of the churches that feed the needy, M-F and they were short handed and needed help, the main people at the food pantry had to stay, so they turned to Sister Payne and me and asked if we would go help. Of course we said, Yes,  so up to the church we went. It was so fun, I felt like a waitress. Sister Payne said I kinda just took a step back and watched you, because you just dove in. I really enjoyed it and they even invited us back to come help whenever, they loved us so much and they were all so sweet and kinda.  Who knows what it will bring but service is the name of the game.  I feel we are planting seeds.  

The weather here in Missouri is pretty crazy! One day it is high 70's and then the next day it's a snow stormπŸ˜‚ I thought Utah was bipolar. 

The ward here had a giant Easter Egg Hunt, I'm talking huge! A member puts in all together and then invited the whole ward. She had 6,000 eggs full of candy with 20 of them containing prizes, some even had money. So much fun! I found 50 cents, I was so proud of myself.  This ward is so amazing, they are very close and really have a great time when they get together, I love them all ! 

Love you all ❤ 

SISTER BITTERS 


Sister Payne burning her dress for her 9 months to go....


Sister Bitters LOVES Nana 2 Sister BurrisπŸ’•

Proud of her Gold Egg...

Another Easter Egg Hunt






Zip Lining with Zone

Missouri Sunset

No comments:

Post a Comment