Monday, April 16, 2018

Truly in the Work... Week - Eleven

Monday (P-Day) we went Zip Lining!  So much fun!  Apparently a couple of our ward members have them but the one we went too, was the longest,highest and diffidently the funnest😂 it was so funny because it snowed Sunday the day before and all the Elders wanted us to cancel because it was to cold. Babies!  Sister Payne and I were so excited and pumped to go, we didn't let the snow stop us.  Of course we got our way and we all went Zip Lining!  All the Elders had so much fun and thanked us after for planning this activity.  Apparently we found out that the reason they didn't want to do it was because it was cold, but also because they are scared of height's   We then went and played games at the church.  Elder Moore is in my district!! For you that don't know,  Elder Moore and I, were in the same Humanitarian group in Samoa!  such a small world to be back serving together out here. 

We had dinner that night at the Heaths.  He is the Stake President. We had a really great time and a really great message was shared.  We talked to them about Peter walking on the water.  Peter fell because he took his eyes off of Christ.  President Heath then shared with us something pretty cool when Jesus was talking to Peter, he said something on the lines of him having little faith. Christ wasn't saying Peter didn't have enough Faith!  Peter was walking on water! He had faith. But he got distracted and fell, because of his little faith. Christ knew that he would fall and was there ready to extend his hand to save him." Christ knows when we are going to fall, he lets us fall, but is there to catch us, he then expect us to get back up, to grow from the experience and keep pressing forward. I love my Savior and my Heavenly Father so much!  They mean everything to me ❤ I would not be the person I am today without them and I can't wait to see the person I become. 

Sister Hansen and Sister Berundage the Sister Missionaries from Sedalia, come up and spent the night because we both had to be out in Independence in the morning and thought it would be fun to car pool together and also cut down on thier driving time and save gas and miles by going together in one car. It was so fun and we have gained a great friendship with them! We are planning on spending next p-day with them. 

Tuesday I had my mid-trainers meeting! Crazy that I'm half way done with my training! Time flies when your having fun. So mid trainers meeting is when everyone that came out with me, all get together at Presidents house with our trainers and have a meeting. It was so fun to see my district from the MTC, I love them all, it was especially good to see Sister Hertzberg! I have missed her.  I learned so much from the meeting and it got me pumped up to get out and do the work. 

Got to see Sister Burris tonight ❤ oh my I love her, I learn so much from her every time we go and see her.  She is the sweetest lady you will ever meet. She's a widow and has no children. I actually call her Nana 2 because I told her when I have kids she can be there Nana 2. She lit up when I told her that and she will forever be part of my life. I truly love her!  There are so many great members here in Warrensburg. 

TORNADO WARNINGS! Yep I'm in tornado Ally. I really wish I would have paid more attention in school when they taught me what to do during a tornado,  I am actually really excited to actually experience one. I wanna see one so bad! 

I was talking to the Bryson and they would be our safe house, they told us that they usually watched them because they aren't real dangerous unless they hit the ground. So I was pumped to experience it, but sister Payne was not, she was terrified!  It was so funny, I thought she might sleep in the bath tub that Friday night. 

Have I mentioned how much I love being a missionary? Well I do, I love it with all my heart and I love this gospel with all my heart!  I love my Heavenly Father and my Savior Jesus Christ.  The gospel and this work mean so much to me. 

The Holy Ghost truly is my constant companion. He is always there but it's up to me to listen and be in tune.  I had an amazing testimony growing experience on Saturday. We went to go contact one of our potentials Samantha. We made contact but she was to busy to let us in, we gave her a plan of salvation pamphlet at the door, she told us to keep trying and come back.... So we will.  After talking with Samantha we decided to knock doors at that complex. We knocked and knocked and knocked. We had decide to skip one of the complexes because they didn't have as much cars as the one next to it so we skipped it and went to the next complex we got one door to open but they were not interested.  On our way back to the car we past the complex that we skipped. There were two cars in the parking lot and one of the cars trunk was open with groceries. When we got almost to the other complex I got the impressing to go back! Turn around! So I did. Sister Payne said didn't we knock this complex and I said no we skipped it and we need to go knock these doors. We headed up the stairs and knocked on this door we waited there for a few seconds when we hear a voice from down below, the guy that was unloading his groceries. He told us that he doesn't think anyone lived there. We thanked him for letting us know. The guy (tim) started walking to his apartment and Sister Payne leans over the railing and said excuse me, can I use your restroom. He said of course and let us in. When Sister Payne was in the restroom, I got talking with his children because he went to go take care of his youngest.  That didn't last long so I was soon standing there all alone. Sister Payne came out and we stood there awkwardly for a second because we didn't want to leave with out letting him know who we were. Well we stood there for about a minute and then the youngest little girl comes around the corner in her underwear and just starts chatting with us. Then Tim came out and we told him who we were and why we were knocking doors. He was welcoming and his little girl kept talking and talking so he let us in and let us sit down. We exchanged numbers with him and got to know him more and his children. He said he would like to learn more and have us come back. So long story short... LISTEN TO THE SPIRIT!
AND GOD AND CHRIST ARE TRULY IN THE WORK!!!

We also have an investigator on date!  Her name is Alyssa and she plays soccer at UCM 
She lives in Lee's summit and has taken the first three lessons down there with the Missionaries.  She asked if she could be taught in Warrensburg, where she goes to school. A ward member from there called us and told us the situation and asked if we would call her and sit with her at church.  We called Alyssa and chatted with her and told her we would love to sit with her at church.  She came and she is amazing and solid. We are now teaching her the lessons up here.  I'm so excited!  We will finish teaching her the lessons :) She is scheduled to be baptized on May 12.  That is going to be an amazing weekend.  Baptism and then calling home for Mothers Day!  

I am just so beyond happy to be here and so excited to be doing this work for my Savior!

Well I love you all so much and pray for you all❤ 
SISTER BITTERS 
Reunited with her MTC Companion Sister Hertzberg





Sister Bitters with her Nana 2💗



No comments:

Post a Comment