Wednesday, May 16, 2018

Week - Fifteen

Tuesday:
Today was amazing! We started out the day at the food pantry and I love going and helping! Barb is one of the head ladies and she loves me😂 which is amazing because she can't stand anyone else! Anyway with the food pantry it sets you back a bit from your normal schedule and sometime throws me off, but it's okay! Totally worth it! 


We then had dinner with the Holdt's, they are amazing! They can speak some Chuukese because they used to live in Guam! So the two oldest girls sang "God be with you till we meet again" in Chuukese! The spirit was strong and it was so cool! They told us about a neighbor that we could go and try contacting, she wasn't home but her cute kids were they wrote a note and put it up to the window, it said "sorry we aren't allowed to answer the door for strangers when are parents aren't home" it was the cutest thing,  so we are going to try again later this week. 


After dinner we look up some potentials in the area and found one that said it was near by, well 30 minute drive later we arrived at this potentials home and she wasn't there, we tried the next door neighbors house and no one. So we got back in the car and Sister Payne said "should we keep knocking? I just feel like Heavenly Father had led us here for someone",  I said of course.  
One house stood out to me but we didn't go to it first, we knocked 2 doors before that one. When we got to the house we met a girl named Harlee she excepted a Book of Mormon and said we could come back Wednesday night!  Well that is amazing! Well, just wait it gets better! 
As we start to say good bye, she said see you tomorrow at the community center! I KNEW SHE LOOKED FAMILIAR! She is at the community center basically every time, we have never talked to her. 
It just shows the Lord's timing and his will! Heavenly Father will lead you to those who are ready! Who knows... maybe if we approached her earlier she would of said no... 

Wednesday: 
Last district meeting! I can't believe transfers are here again! It makes me super sad but also super excited! We find out Tuesday :).  (by the time your reading this I will know if I'm staying or leaving) 
We were out contacting today and we went to go see a potential, they weren't home, We have this thing in the mission that's called principle of proximity (D&C 61:3). Which it's basically your there for a reason. You had a feeling to go contact a potential, but they weren't home well there must be a reason your there! Go find out why? :)

So after we knocked the door of the potential and they didn't answer, we started knocking on the doors in that complex and some people answered and some didn't. The ones that did weren't interested, until our last door we knocked. We found Donald and Jahan! They are brothers that just moved here and have been wanting to get back to church. We gave them both a Book of Mormon and they want us to come back and teaching them more. They want to know when we have church and are interested in coming! After we left, Donald started texting us and asking us questions, it was amazing to be able to teach him and answer some of his questions:) we meet with them on Friday for our first lesson and I'm so excited! 


We had our lesson with Harlee! Heavenly Father truly prepares the people. These last couple of weeks, I've been praying for guidance to those who are ready to receive the gospel and I feel like I'm finally finding them! Heavenly Father is truly so aware of all of us! Harlee is definitely one that Heavenly Father has been preparing. She had been wanting to get back into a church but she didn't know where to go. We taught her the restoration and the spirit was speaking through Sister Payne and me! She said she wants to start coming to church not this week because it's Mothers Day and she doesn't want to make a commitment and then fall through, but she said next week for sure she'll be there. I seriously love being a missionary so much! I feel so honored and grateful that I've been called to this holy calling, to spread this joyful message and bring others unto Christ❤ 

Thursday: 
Miracle for the day! So do you remember Tim. The one I felt prompted to go back and Sister Payne asked to use his restroom? YES, him! So we have been trying to get back in touch with him and he hasn't really been responding which normally people would just blow off and forget about him and move on, but not us missionaries! We decided to go stop by his apartment yesterday, he wasn't home but I felt impressed to leave a Book of Mormon and to write a note to him. Well not thinking much about it we left. Today at lunch we got a text from Tim saying that he has been going through a ton of hard stuff right now and finding this book with the message in it. He said it meant a lot to him and he invited us to come over tomorrow morning to teach him! CAN YOU SAY MIRACLE! 
We also got to Skype Alyssa today and go over BAPTISMAL INTERVIEW QUESTIONS! So exciting! She is so ready and has been so prepared by the lord❤

Friday:
Well we had a lesson with Tim! And it was amazing! He wants us to continue coming back and teaching him and he is going to try and make it to church. He didn't want to promise because he has 4 kids on the weekends and he said it's nearly impossible to get them up, but he did say he would try:) 
After that we drove up the street to Donald apartment and an hour and a half later he is committed to baptism! We taught him so much and it truly was so incredible! He had so many questions and it was just amazing that the spirit was answering the questions through us. We have a baptism tomorrow and he's going to come and also come to church! 
Today has been so amazing! 
I can't believe I get to be apart of this amazing work! 

Sunday: 
What an amazing day full of handing out flowers to the people I have come to love so much out here, then to turn around and be face timing my mom and family! It was so amazing to see them and be able to talk with them😊 I love them so much, one of the hardest things was hanging up :(  I love my mom so much, she is part of the reason why I'm out here. She's my best friend and has given up so much for me, I just can't express how much I love her and appreciate her. 

Monday:
Back to work after an amazing, emotional day yesterday. It was a day full of service at the food pantry. Then we had a lesson with Harlee and committed her to be baptised on June 16th,v  she accepted! So exciting and I just love her so much! 

Hope you had an amazing week and this week coming up is just as amazing! Love you all so much
SISTER BITTERS 













No comments:

Post a Comment