Tuesday, May 8, 2018

Week - Fourteen

Monday: 
Amazing day with amazing people! Today was a crazy P-day! We spent most of the morning out shopping with Annie ❤ it was so much fun we went to downtown Warrensburg and went thrift shopping and to some really other cute stores:) I told Annie that she had to control me or else I would buy everything haha. Then after hanging out with Annie. We went to a BBQ at Sherrie's the person that is against the missionary program but we helped her move and she opened her door back open to us! She's amazing! She put together a BBQ for everyone that helped move aka my district😂 it was so fun. Oh my you should see her cookie jar collection!
She has 150 she thinks, maybe more but seriously I have never seen so many cookie jars in my life they are everywhere! I wish I would have gotten a picture. NEXT TIME
We had an amazing lesson with Stacey. You can see her faith growing more and more and she is noticing it too. She told us, sense she has been seeing us she feels like a ton of weight has been lifted off her shoulders! She told us, I believe that's Christ ❤, I just love her so much and am so grateful to be apart of this amazing work and see how people grow and come unto Christ. 

Tuesday: 
Interviews! I love interview day because I get to see the most Christ like people I know ❤ President and Sister love without a doubt are the best Mission President and wife to ever exist. I love them! It was 90 days ago when we had our last interview with Sister Love, she had challenged us to memorize 5 book of Mormon scriptures. Well Sister Payne and I had planned on finding and memorizing our scriptures. We found our scriptures, but how time flies by here and we both forgot to memorize them, AKA procrastination ! She gave us until Monday to memorize them and we would then have to recite them to Sister Love Tuesday morning. Well haha I repented and asked Heavenly Father to help me😂 and he did! Sister love was so impressed with my memorization😂 but now I get to memorize the living Christ in 90 days, thats till my next zone conference and interviews.  I learned my lesson and am going to start working on that one now. 

We had an amazing lesson with Martha and Fas❤ about the plan of salvation and they are so amazing, she's still working toward May 19th. Fas bared testimony to us about how he know Jesus Christ lives and how he is grateful for us for helping him come unto Christ ❤ the spirit was so strong, I just love! Heavenly Father truly prepares the hearts of those you are teaching and of those that I haven't even met yet! 

Wednesday:
What a day:) we finally get to run outside! No more running in circles at the community center.
It is getting hot and humid here and we had another tornado watch today:) so exciting! 
We had a lesson with Alyssa and she's solid for May 19th ❤ she also told me I can be a brides maid at her wedding so 😂😊 I made it!
We then made contact with a potential and some less actives, we are going to go and visit them sometime next week which is exciting. 
We had dinner with the amazing Sister Homestead! I love her so much, she is so strong! She has been through so much and she's just amazing! 
We had a lesson with Stacey and Melanie, those lessons are just amazing! Stacey is really opening up and Melanie is still going strong. I'm gaining a really great relationship with them, we can have fun and have an amazing lesson all at the same time. I had the prompting this morning while working out to invite Stacey to pray to Heavenly Father and decide a date to be baptized. In the past the missionaries had picked dates for them. So today Sister Payne and I invited her to pray to her Heavenly Father. I told her that we know that it is a personal decision and it's between them and Heavenly Father. So if 5 months down the road is what her answer is or if it's in a month, she will know and we are here to help. 
I honestly felt like she would progress better if she had a date in mind and a date we were working towards. So I'm praying that she follows through and truly takes that invitation. 

We went to institute tonight with Alyssa and everyone there just loved her. Alyssa invited everyone to her baptism and I'm glad because I have been wanting the YSA to get involved and take her in and love her.
Kelstin is moving and I'm not to happy about that:( but she's cancer free and that makes me so happy! She's so amazing and just everything she has gone through, just truly amazes me. 

Friday: 
EXCHANGES!!! I love exchanges:) I was with Sister Bingham she seriously so cute and I learned so much from her ❤ She goes home in June.  We had an amazing day. 
We started it out with district meet! So fun❤ I got spot lighted and everyone in my district was super nice and really complimented me:) I learned a lot in district meeting today and apparently according to President Love, that our area Warrensburg Zone has the highest numbers in all the key indicators! Which is just amazing because it's been a died zone for a while! Numbers shouldn't matter, it is what some people say but what they don't realize is every number has a name to it! They are people that we love and care so much about. The last  few weeks or so they have been really hitting hard on studying out of Preach my Gospel. Well this morning I decide to study out of it and prepare for the lesson with Martha and Fas. In district meeting we did a role play, it was companionship team vs. another companionship team,  we were to commit them to baptism by teaching one of the commandments. Well Sister Bingham(STL) look at me and said you take the lead. So I did (haha) which was amazing to me!  The amazing thing is - wait for it!..... Preach my Gospel, yes, of course it helped me so much! It gave me so much more confidence. Let's just say from that experience my testimony for preach my gospel grew so much! That role play was amazing, me and Sister Bingham just clicked. 
Afterwards, we went and saw Sister Stevens!  We committed her to come to church this Sunday! She hasn't been in so long and we just told her boldly but lovingly that her Heavenly Father wanted her back and she committed! It was amazing
We didn't have a dinner appointment and there's the cutest cafe on main street Warrensburg, I told sister Bingham that she needs to try it because they have amazing food! So I texted Sister Bryson to ask her how late they were open because there hours are strange! So she told us they were open until 8 and joked and asked if we were taking her to dinner:) I invited her to come and she said yes! Haha but first she needed us to come to her work which is right next to the cafe to help her move her really heavy desk. So we went and helped her and then went to dinner. After an amazing dinner Sister Bingham and I headed back out. Unfortunately we didn't have any luck. It was around 6:30 and we had 30 minutes till our lesson with Martha and Fas. Sister Bingham asked me of there was anywhere she thought we should go. I thought for a sec and the thought Megan Tucker. Megan is there first house in Warrensburg to ever contact. She's amazing and super welcoming, but she has a crazy schedule. So I said let's go see Megan. Well we get there and when we knock on the door a man answers the door and I can see Megan in the kitchen and I asked of Megan was home. He said yes is there anything I can help you with she's kinda got her hands full, and I started to tell him that we have met Megan before and as soon as I said we are missionaries for the church of Jesus Christ of latter day saints he invited us right in and sat us down. Well we only had at that point 10-15 minutes so we got to know William, which was the man that answered the door. We got to know him and he's so cool! He grew up in Amsterdam and speaks fluent Dutch! Yes, I instantly thought of my brother and I told William about how my bother served a mission in Belgium/Netherlands and he thought that was so cool! And it made a pretty cool connection. We got talking with him and he told us about how he loves the story about the Good Samaritan! We introduced him to the Book of Mormon, he said he would read it! He told us that we could come back and teach him more! 
Okay also what's so cool about that story is that Sister Payne had a dream a couple weeks ago about how we started teaching a Dutch family!! I found him! William! Well him and Megan they are a family so I'm going to count it:)

Satruday:
5K temple run! So much fun! The entire mission was there and it was just so much fun! Yes I ran the whole time! I switched companions about 2 times because one would get tired and would switch with someone to run with 😂 the last sister that ran with me had me stop twice so she could walk. I honestly don't know why I wasn't dying😂 but I was impressed with my self:) Sister Hartzog in our ward took us! She is amazing. She took us and the Sedilea Sisters and a new convert! It was so much fun, we got to stop at Chick-fil-la on the way home❤ but that ride home was tough haha everyone passed out, we were so tried,  I was riding shot gun and I felt like I couldn't fall a sleep on Sister Hartzog, so I just chatted with her!  I'm super exhausted but hey I won't have any troubles sleeping tonight:) we had dinner with Sister Hutsell, Sherrie and Ruth! Oh man I want to be them when I'm older! They are hilarious! We had a BBQ with them and going to go over sometime before transfers and having dinner again with them:)  I got to feed a family of foxes! They are adorable! And I want one and train it to be a dog:)

Sunday:
Well I hope everyone had an amazing Sunday! Because I did:) Sundays are definitely one of my favorite days here! The Fitzwater family, who we have been working with came to church today and I was so beyond happy to see them, I think they were happy to see us too:) Mike the dad got baptized in November just accepted a calling and that was big for him! I'm so proud of him. After church we went to ward choir and that is just fun because what people don't realize is I fake it 90% of the time 😂😂 Sister Payne is great at singing and always wants to go, so I go and just try and blend in.  I act like I know how to read music and it makes me laugh. We then headed to Shelley and Johns house:)  that was a really cool lesson, you can see them changing, trying and desiring to learn more. ❤
We got invited to join the YSA devotional at the church, it was like a dinner and a movie, we watch the worldwide devotional. I hope everyone saw that devotional, if not go look it up! It was amazing and answered so many questions and doubts that I have been having this last week. Heavenly Father truly loves each and every one of us! Your worth is infinite and so is his love for you. Heavenly Father loves you just the way you are, but he loves you so much that he's going to change you into something more then you ever thought you could or would be.

I love my Heavenly Father and my loving brother Jesus Christ so much!  I know they love every single one of you! I would do anything for my Heavenly Father and brother Jesus Christ. I feel so honored to have the opportunity to serve and devote myself to the work of salvation. I feel so lucky and blessed that I was called to serve, if you ever get the prompting please don't ignore it! Answer it and go! This is the best decision I have ever made!  I've only been out... what going on 4 months. The Church is true and Christ lives. We are all children of God he loves and knows each of us personally. We are all Brothers and Sister! We all need each other, this is what our savior has asks us to do.
 1. Love God with all your heart.
 2. Love thy neighbor
It's that simple. So forget about yourself, go and serve someone:)

Love you all and hope you all have an amazing week❤
SISTER BITTERS 
Splits with Sister Bingham












Thumbs Up for 5K at Kansas Temple





No comments:

Post a Comment