Wednesday, July 11, 2018

Week 23 - Liberty Jail

HELLO AMAZING PEOPLE THAT I LOVE SO MUCH!


For all of you that don't know, I'm in LIBERTY JAIL!:)  So far it has been an amazing experience! I feel so grateful and honored to be in such a sacred place, not very often will they put full proc sisters at the Visitor Centers, especially Liberty jail.  It truly is such a sacred place where revelation is received everyday! And I get to bare my testimony everyday to sometimes hundreds of people, and the feeling that I love so much is the feeling of being spiritually drained at the end of the day. 

This week has been pretty busy and we are constantly running.  Its so different from being full proc but its nice to have a different pace. 

I had an interesting experience this week, that I really have been just waiting for because I'm on the bible belt.  We were out tracking and this house kept standing out to me, I was about to ignore it and keep walking but I said to myself you will always regret not knocking.  So we headed up and knocked on the door.  This nice guy answered and he invited us in, his wife was there too but she didn't say much, just ignored us.  We showed him a video about Christ and he seemed to really enjoy it. After we told him what our purpose was  as missionaries and if he was interested.  Well I wasn't expecting what happened next. He started to just grill me and my companion on how our faith is not true, how its not even a faith.  He just kept going on and on.  He was trying to destroy us and on the inside I wanted to cry.  I honestly got teary eyed and for you that know me, know I don't cry easily.   I wanted to cry because he was attacking something that means so much to me and even more I felt so sorry for him and his adorable baby.  He accused me of a lot of things and I wanted to stand up for my faith, I did the best way I could and then the rest I was silent.  The spirit was pounding in my chest and kept telling me to not fight back.  Before I left he looked me dead in the eyes and you could see his whole demeanor change, I think he could feel something.  AND I KNOW THIS SOUNDS LIKE AN AWFUL EXPERIENCE AND IT WAS.... but it was a testimony builder to me because not one second did I believe or doubt what I know to be true.   I believe that the spirit told me to go there so that I could grow and I truly believe it had an impact on him.  Even if it was a small second he felt something.  

One thing that I have learned in the Jail is to LISTEN.  Yes listen, crazy how the smallest things can make such an incredible impact.  Yes, I listen but something that I started to do in the Jail is to worry about what to say next?  I never had that problem in Warrensburg, but here something changed.  I had to start soaking in all the history and I have never been good at history.   I  have learned to LISTEN it has changed the spirit in the tours that I take! Just a small insight! LISTEN!

Something about making your weaknesses into strengths.  I have come to appreciate my Dyslexia, because I don't see it as a weakness anymore.  I have been able to connect with people.  We are teaching Izzy she is 9 and she is adorable.  Her baptism is next Monday the 16th.  She has dyslexia and she is very self conscious about it, she wants to serve a mission and so much more, but she is scared because of her dyslexia.  Well at our last lesson,  I told her about me.  It was so interesting to see how Heavenly Father gives you trials so that you can help others through the same trials.  I told her how I believe in the gift of tongues.  No, I'm not learning a language, but being scared to read out loud or speak to strangers, and then having to over come that I feel is the same as having to learn a new language.  I can feel the spirit speak through me.  I also could testify to her how reading my scriptures has helped with my reading skills.  Heavenly Father blesses those that keep the commandments. 

QUOTE FOR THE WEEK FROM MY STUDIES:

"KEEP THE FAITH, FIGHT THE GOOD FIGHT, AND FINISH MY COURSE WITH JOY. I HAVE ALL ETERNITY BEFORE ME, IN WHICH TO ENJOY MYSELF"  -Parley P. Pratt

I love you all so much!  Thanks for all of the love and support. I really couldn't do this without every single one of you:)

Love, Sister Bitters








Dressing up for Breakfast at Chick Fila.... 



She will still do selfie in bathrooms😂


Just met these sweet Sisters at the Historic Liberty Jail in Missouri.  What a great place to see.  Makes me realize that my trials are just small trials, and to have more faith in our Heavenly Father.  Wanted to share a picture in case their Momma's are on here.  Sister Bitters is actually from Utah as well.  From Highland Utah.  She was excited to see other members from Utah.  Sister Anderson is from California.  I can't remember what city she said.  So Mommas if these are your daughters, you have such sweet daughters.  So glad to meet them and be able to share that moment with them.  



My name is Dianne Pabst and I ran into your sweet Sister Missionary today at the Liberty Jail... she is doing well and is such a cutie.  I just wanted you to know she is very happy and is a great representative of Jesus Christ.


No comments:

Post a Comment