Tuesday, July 17, 2018

Week 24 - Liberty Jail

HELLO WORLD its me Sister Bitters

So this week was pretty amazing because IZZY got baptized!  She is so cute and it was just over all a great day, the spirit was definitely present. The family then invited us over to have dinner with them and the whole extended family! It was super fun and really yummy.

We had ZONE CONFERENCE! i cant believe how fast this transfer has gone by and as usual I love my companion. Zone Conference was really cool, we got to go to the temple. The Temple was exactly what I needed, just a time to step back and remember what is really important. Also a little shout out to me and my zone for memorizing the LIVING CHRIST and standing up in zone conference, each person taking a sentence. It was so powerful and I am so grateful that I memorized it. 

We had a lot of doors slammed in our faces, and i'm not going to lie its been rough. But even when times are hard there is always, always a positive that you can find, its amazing how your attitude can change. 
Half the time we go through trials, so that Jesus Christ can enter into the deepest part of your heart. I am so grateful for the opportunity I have to serve in liberty jail each day. I have learned so much in just a short 3 week period. My testimony for my Savior and for his church has grown. 

My testimony of prayer continues to grow, as everyday I notice my prayers being answered. Not all of my prayers, so far,  but that's when faith comes in, you just have to walk until Heavenly Father sees fit to answer you.  Heavenly Father not answering your prayer doesn't mean he"s not there, doesn't mean he doesn't care.  He is, and does.  If you're ever doubting that remember, the Savior knows you.... he loves you. Just look at his hands. 


OH we ran into another bible basher. Me and Sister Anderson decided that we were going to go find an area that we haven't been before. Well we decided on this one place and when we arrived well.... it probably had at most 50 people and a church in the center of town. Well this is where most of them weren't interested or would just open there door and then slam it. Until our last house we knocked on, it was the sweetest women.... the preacher for the teach. She was super sweet and let us share a video with her. We also challenged her to follow Moroni's promise and she accepted, she said she had done it before but she would do it again as long as she could really study it. So I said of course,  as long as you truly pray about it. she excepted and we went on our way. Well today i found some chapters that I thought really applied to her and me and the companion felt good texting them over to her. well turns out that she started to read the Book of Mormon and had notes for us of all the reasons why its wrong and false. She also told me that she is a prophet....... so we haven't responded back since we haven't seen this before,  she just wants to fight.  Seriously never a dull moment here. (This is just the simplified version)  


Well I cant believe how fast these weeks go by,  I'm just trying to soak in each day and never regret it. I love you all so much and couldn't do it without all of your love and support. 

Love Sister Bitters ❤

P.S.  funny story, so this week during one of our tours my companion asked this adorable little girl "where do you keep your ICE" the adorable little girl said "on you" 
hahaha the little girl thought she said EYES! So cute my heart melted! seriously giving tours is the best!






Zone Conference 

Izzy'a Baptism



No comments:

Post a Comment