Sunday, September 2, 2018

Week 30 - Liberty Jail

Hey y'all!  Life here in Liberty is pretty great. I just love it here and love being a missionary! The work is pretty slow right now, when you think you have potentials they fall through, but we don't lose faith and we expect success just like Heavenly Father. 

This week I was on pins and needles waiting for this P-DAY to see and hear about my new adorable nephew. I'M ONE PROUD AUNT! He was well worth the wait :), I thank Heavenly Father everyday for him❤ I promise I'm a good missionary and wasn't distracted with having to wait till today to hear Oliver was born and all was well.  But when your mom emails you at the very last minutes of your P-Day, and says "Chelsey's water just broke..... have a nice week ,got to go, bye!" 

We had stake conference this past week and it was amazing! We had Elder Anderson from the 70's come and talk with us. So many of my questions were answered that I didn't even realized I had.  One thing that I learned at conference was that we much have all 3 knowledge's.  Head Knowledge, Heart knowledge, and Soul Knowledge. You must have it in all 3 and you must help the people you are working with have all three. 

Another cool experience I had at zone conference was a question that was reconfirmed to me. A while back I finished the Book of Mormon reading it the whole way through, And I took Moroni's challenge to heart.  I did.... And I felt nothing!  NOTHING!  I was so confused and really discouraged that I didn't get an amazing burning in my chest or a voice in my head. When I went to bed that night I prayed again about it.... nothing. As I was laying in bed that night I was just talking to Heavenly Father, just really asking him why I didn't get a confirmation? When a thought came to my head.. "how did you feel as you were reading it" and it hit me.  That as I was reading the Book of Mormon I felt the spirit testify the truthfulness to me.  I remembered moments when questions for myself or for my investigator were answered.  Well, where I was heading with this story, is that in Zone Conference I had totally brushed that story from my mind because I don't know , I was concerned about it.  Elder Anderson told us a story that was identical to my story that I just told you.  It was about his son that had the same thing happen to him.  LONG STORY SHORT!  Heavenly Father was aware of me and my doubt.  AND HE ANSWERED ME.

Another Cool experience we had, was my zone got asked to sing a duet with the senior couples. The senior couples sang the new primary song and then at the end my zone and I stood up and joined with them in singing "As the Armies of Helaman! so powerful and the spirit was so strong. This work is truly the work of the lord and I'm so grateful to be apart of it. 

The person we are working with is doing amazing and just keeps growing a stronger and stronger in testimony and faith. He wants nothing more then a eternal family and to be a missionary!  So amazing to see the change the gospel has made in his life. 

Love you all so much, let me know if there is ever anything I can do for you :) 
#alwaysinmyheart
#rememberhim
#hishands
#3D&G
-Sister BItters 
Liberty Jail Dog:)











Zone Conference

Elder and Sister Anderson from the Seventies




No comments:

Post a Comment