Friday, November 2, 2018

Week - 39 Overland Park

Hello everyone sorry for the lack of emailing.... I have no excuses. 
But I will try to make up for my lack fulness in this email. 

This week I hit 9 months half way, no way!  Time has gone by so fast and I hear it goes down hill from here. These past 9 months have been the most amazing, stressful, emotional, joyful, hard and rewarding months of my life. Serving a mission was the best decision I have ever made. 

I hope you all have a Happy Halloween!  I love Halloween and bummed I couldn't be apart of the amazing Disney costume theme party with my family ;(   but the mission is making it pretty fun!  I think my companion thinks I'm crazy but I've already picked out my costume..... missionary appropriate of course :) you'll see pictures next week.  We did have fun finding ideas/opportunity... My apartment complex is having a trunk or treat so Sister Erickson and me signed up and are going to hand out candy with pictures of Jesus. SO EXCITED!

We had a lesson last night with a women named Aarti, she is so sweet and has such an amazing desire to learn more. She is from India and a really neat experience that we had with her is we were teaching her about the restoration and she got emotional, I could tell she was feeling the spirit. She, I feel got a little frazzled at that point and started to state everything that she believed.  The coolest thing is after she got done, she was expecting us to fight her or discuss the differences in our beliefs, but I just look at her and said "Aarti that is exactly what our church believes".. The spirit was so strong, I just love her and her adorable daughter so much. 

We are also working with a guy named Tom. He came to church two weeks in a row! Last week we had a lesson with him and invited him to come.  He was hesitate and said he would see if he wakes up in time.  So me being blunt at times. I said " Tom we will come and bang on your door if thats what it takes?"  Well Sunday came and Tom wasn't answering his phone... so what do we do, we go and bang on his door ( haha ) He didn't answer but his 17 year old son did haha I felt so bad!  He answered rubbing his eyes haha so funny but we told him to go and deliver a message to his dad.  COME TO CHURCH was our message and TJ (the son) delivered it.  You should of seen Sister Erickson's and my faces we were so pumped and excited and shocked all at the same time. This week Tom learned his lesson and set his alarm and made it to church on time! 

Well Family and Friends I have the worst memory and can't remember the rest of the week. BUT I do have some exciting news..... IM PREGNANT!  Yes, 9 months and I'm getting a baby straight from the MTC... I'm so excited to train another baby eager to come and serve.

A cool eye opening experience I had this week  while I was reading about Christ and him healing the sick and making the blind see.  Well as a missionary I am following the Saviors example,  I'm in a way helping heal the sick and helping those that are blind to see. 

I love you all so much and I love this gospel. Thanks for all your prayers and support❤
-Sister Bitters




No comments:

Post a Comment