Tuesday, November 6, 2018

Week 40 - Overland Park (HAPPY HUMP WEEK)

HELLO FAM AND FRIENDS!

I hope you all had an amazing Halloween and ate a lot of candy for me :) For Halloween, we did a "Trunk or Treating" for our apartment complex. We handed out pictures of Jesus and candy with Book of Mormons on the side.  It was so much fun, my comp and me dressed as Dorothy and the Lion !! (with our name tags of course).  We handed out a lot of pictures and had solid conversations with the individuals parked next to us. 

The rest of the night since we couldn't be out working, we jumped from members to members letting Sister Erickson say good bye :( 

I'm Training one of the cutest missionaries ever! Sister Galloway, she is from American Fork and we have a lot in common. This transfer is going to be amazing! 

We went to visit this less active family and GUESS WHAT! They are from Samoa and they knew about RITA'S LODGE! The place where I stayed, it is such a small world.  The mom of the house served her mission in Apia, Samoa where I did my humanitarian trip,  seriously that family instantly became my favorite!

We have done service at a place called Mission Hope,  I have served there for the past 6 weeks with Sister Erickson and not once did the people that volunteer there ever talk with us about the gospel. BUT the first time I walk in with Sister Galloway, they start talking to us about the gospel! it was incredible, I told one about the primary program and invited her to come this week. 

Church this Sunday was great ! We had a Regional Conference with Elder Holland, it was incredible, he talked a lot about missionary work, especially the work here in Kansas. He reminded me that it truly is a privilege to serve a mission. 

Well, I love you all so much and I'm so grateful for your support and love.

-Sister Bitters 











No comments:

Post a Comment