Sunday, February 10, 2019

Week 47 - Overland Park

Hello friends and family who I dearly love so much! I hope you all had a Merry Christmas and a Happy 2019.  Thank you for all of the love and support you send my way weather it is through email, letters, and/or prayers. I feel and appreciate them all. 

This Christmas was one to remember. It really didn't feel like Christmas because I was just doing what I do every other day.  But I think that's what made it special and one to remember.  It was a Christmas that was truly centered on our Savior Jesus Christ.  We went from members to members sharing a special Christmas message.  In each home the spirit was so strong it was so amazing. 

There was something that really stood out to me during my studies Christmas morning.  Luke 2 (Side note: yes, I read the account of Jesus Christ birth, because this is what my family does every year and I wanted to be part of it :) ).  The verse that really stood out to me was verse 11 and what really stood out to me was the word "YOU", so when you read it below really focus on the the meaning behind that. 

" for unto YOU is born this day in the city of David a savior which is Christ the Lord."

He is the gift! He was sent here for you, for me, and for every single individual individually.  He is the gift that keeps on giving. This christmas I felt my savior's love so much because my eyes were more opened to the reason of the season.  I love my Savior so much and that is how I have stayed on my mission.  He is by my side,  he is my strength and my salvation.  I love how personal he is and he can be because he understands.

The song that I constantly sing on my mission.... in my head :) ( I'm not that mean to my companion). But its the words of the song: "Come unto Christ". Come unto him, and by his grace be made holy again.  He's calling YOUR name he's waiting for YOU, with arms open wide.  Come unto Christ and you will find eternal life". 

I love that song! I love the meaning behind it,  the spirit is so strong behind it.  He truly is calling YOUR name and he is waiting for YOU with his arms open wide.  This song ties right into one of my favorite scriptures Moroni 10:32. 
(I don't really know why I shared that..... but I felt that I needed too :)
 "AND GRACE IS WHAT CHRIST CONSTANTLY GIVES US !"

MIRACLE! so satan is really throwing everything he has at Sister Galloway and me right now. We have had two people this week drop us and it was a walking week in the pouring rain! BUT miracles come to those that are positive!  Sister Galloway and me have been really trying for the past 2 weeks to stay positive and look for the tender mercies and miracles no matter how big or small.  AND WOW can I just say what a difference. We have seen the lords hand so much more and miracles right before our eyes. Saturday Sister Galloway and me felt that we needed to fast to find the elect.  So Sunday came and we started our fast,  about 2 hours in and I'm hit with a migraine. Sister Galloway's stomach started hurting, I  felt like satan was throwing everything he has to get us to give in, but we didn't.  We stayed strong and did our fast, after we broke our fast we went straight to a lesson with our neighbors who are now our family :),  Jenny and Hannah. (Mother and daughter.) We have stopped by there a couple of times here and there, but last week we stopped and shared "The light of the world video" and asked if they wanted to learn more. They said yes and so Sunday evening was our return appointment,  it went really well and it was led by the spirit. Their hearts have been softened and they had a lot of questions! which I love.  We started talking more and more, Jenny (the mom) opened up and told us how she had felt a connection with me when we had first met and then when Sister Galloway came she felt connected to both of us.  IT WAS SO AMAZING! Because we expressed how we had felt the same way.  Oh I just love them so much!

We are teaching this 10 year old boy named Uriah! He is the cutest, he has such a desire to learn.  We have really gotten close to him, and his cousins, who are members and are present when we teach. I love them so much, a picture will be included. I was a little hurt by them when they asked me how old I was, I told them 19 and uriah freaked out! haha he looked at us and said I thought you were like 30. So funny! 

I love being a missionary and the experiences that I get to be apart of. 
love you all!
Sister Bitters


No comments:

Post a Comment