Monday, February 26, 2018

Hello from the Land of Missouri - Week Four

Day of departure. 

Well hello! Today is the day. Ready or not here I come! I'm so excited but nervous at the same time. 
We had to get up around 4:00am to get ready and finalize packing. Then be at the bus at 5am.
When I woke up and said my morning prayer I was hit with all different emotions. I truly believe that music invites the spirit. So I hurried and said a prayer in my heart for comfort turned on some music and got ready!

We got on the bus which took us to the front runner.... Yes, it was very stressful. With about 30 missionaries and all of their luggage, we only had a few minutes to load and unload the luggage from the front runner. We then had to run and catch the tracks. Yes, I almost missed it, because I was helping my companion with her luggage because she was struggling, so I was the last one to the tracks and there was like no space,  but "NO MISSIONARY LEFT BEHIND"  that's what our district kept saying all day. So we made room and I didn't get left yay!

Let's just say I got a really good shoulder work out from moving my luggage everywhere haha. Airport was great. I was so excited to call home until I saw an Elder in our group get off the phone and he was crying.... I could instantly feel the tears coming. I was waiting in the security line and so I just decided to get it over with. As soon as I heard my mom's voice I lost it,  I've never be so emotional, but I got to talk to my mom and dad for about 5 minutes, the line moved faster then I thought, so I had to say goodbye early. After security I went back to the phones because I needed a proper good-bye, I was allowed to and I had time. So I got my call card and went to the payphone (haha) old school.  But the calling card wasn't working, I got my credit card out and tried but the phone was being weird and said I couldn't call. So I hung up, sad because I wanted a proper goodbye, when, sent from heaven, the phone I was on started ringing, you should have seen my face, I was so shocked and confused.  I picked It up and it was my mom! Thank you Heavenly Father truly what I needed. talking to my family, yes was hard, but very much needed. I love them all so much!

Had to get Cafe Rio for the plane, because I needed some real food! Haha not MTC food that I never really knew what I was eating. 

The plane ride was good I sat next to a sister missionary that was going to the same mission as me that I hadn't met yet! She's super sweet and it was really good getting to know her. I also read the testimony book my mom sent me! Thank you all for your encouraging words and testimonies! I love you all so dearly❤  

Arrival! Missouri is not very pretty (haha0 everything is brown and dead right now but I can't wait for spring with all the green. It's not that cold here, knock on wood. 

I got the first hug from Sister Love and a hand shake from President Love! I love them so much! They truly are their last name. President Love knows the Clydes! So he now jokes with me and calls me Sister Clyde. He use to own a construction company and got supplies from Geneva Rock, Small world. 

They took us to the temple, Liberty Jail, and Independence Visitor Center! It was so fun to be back here. I love it so much!

I love my companion -Trainer, She is from South Jordan and I actually know her cousin. She was my coach for lacrosse for a couple years! Such a small world. 

My companion is Sister Payne! Yes a ton of jokes about our last names together. Bitter-Payne She is so sweet and very patient! We get along really well! 

The people here are amazing and I already feel so much love for them! Part of my area is an Air Force base which is pretty sweet! That's actually were I had my first dinner was on base with our ward Mission Leader!  

3 Cool experience. The spirit truly prompts you and leads you. We were out tracking and no one was home or we got turned away, so we were just standing in the street not knowing where to go when I looked at this house and I said let's go to that one. When we were approaching it, it looked scary and the dogs in the back yard were going crazy! But that just shows you not to judge and follow your promptings! Because, who lived there was the sweetest lady and her dogs were even sweeter! She let us in and talked for a while and we exchanged numbers and most likely going back to teach her. 

Next experience was that same night, we were in the car not knowing where to go. We had this note card with potential names on it, my companion asked me to choose where we needed to go and who we needed to try and see. So I looked at the card and basically said in my head okay heavenly father where should we go? One name on the card kept catching my eyes, so I said head to the Moltins. Well say hello to our new investigators. So pumped! The spirit is truly with us and leading us. Couldn't do it without the spirit and my loving Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ. 

Next experience was today. Driving out to a church to meet up with our zone for p-day sports. We were driving and I was just thinking about the atonement and getting emotional and just thanking Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ in my heart for the Atonement and their love. When our phone started ringing,  it was this lady asking if we had called her? We had not called her, we had no idea who this women was, but we got talking with her and she had questions and she said she wouldn't mind meeting with us. So Heavenly Father truly places people in your hands! 

We work at the food pantry twice a week and its super cool to help and talk to people. A very humbling service we do every week. There is this man that works there, his name is William and he loves us! He's so funny, he just has the sweetest spirit. 

We did another service project this week, we went and helped this family tare down some walls in their home.... Well let's just say, I got my frustrations out on those poor walls, (haha)
I have a fear of bugs,  it was something I had to get over very fast, because knocking down those walls, I found a ton of BUGS. Yay, I HATE BUGS!! 

Well thank you all for the love and support with the emails and prayers❤
Love you all so much, you are all in my thoughts and prayers. 

Always in my heart ❤
Come what may and love it👍
3D&G

Sister Bitters 






Liberty Jail with President and Sister Love

Saying Goodbye to Sister Hansen from MTC District

Sister Bitters with her companion Sister Payne

First Apartment


This is the mom of the Sister Missionary that  Missy met before going on a mission at the Provo Temple and she said to go find her mom she would take care of her, well she heard missy had arrived and made the 45 min to attend her church. 



No comments:

Post a Comment