Tuesday, July 31, 2018

Week 26 - Liberty Jail

HELLO!!!!!!

Okay another amazing week here in Liberty:) We have had over 10,000 people just in the month of July! CRAZY! But apparently next week its suppose to tank because of summer coming to an end and school starting. Which is crazy that school is right around the corner. BUT I have heard that once school starts that's  when you get the retired people... yes the oldies coming through:) which I love and adore. 

I truly love the jail so much, I can't believe that transfers are a week from this Thursday! The thought of leaving the jail and the city of Liberty makes me really sad because I have grown and learned so much in such a short amount of time. This week in the jail something I learned was that one of the greatest revelations given in the history of time was here.  The gift that Heavenly Father gave Joseph Smith was PEACE! Yes, Heavenly Father spoke to Joseph Smith and he gave him peace,  it made me think of all the times in my life where I have felt peace. I also thought about how we are always looking for these amazing answers to our prayers (which happen) but peace is so big! No we don't hear the voice of the lord speaking to us like Joseph, but we get the feeling of peace and thats so amazing! 

GUESS WHAT!!!!!!! I finished the Book of Mormon for the first time ever! I have heard the Book of Mormon here and there, but have never read it cover to cover... word for word!  I took Moroni's challenge to heart, and the only words that I received was "YOU ALREADY KNOW" and that is so true. Something that hit me when that was my answer was remember.... remember how you felt when you read it. It hit me so hard that we need to always remember, because honestly thats how people slip away. Is they forget. Its so amazing to go into less actives homes, and ask them about there conversion story (because we all have one) and to see there eyes light up. I truly believe that missionary work is to help people remember. 

Our investigator pool is low right now and like my amazing friend Cami says "Don't stop the faith" that keeps me going, because I know there is the one waiting for me. We are teaching this Guy right now,  he is golden! No he isn't on date but he is getting there. Everyone takes there own time and he is truly becoming converted and its just amazing to see the change in him and his faith grow. Miracle this week with him. He is a full time student and has been taking a really hard math class. He had two tests when we started really teaching him and he bombed both. Well he had a third test last week and he told us that he studied the best he could just like the last ones, but this time he prayed and said Heavenly Father this is in your hands. HE GOT A 98/100!!!!!!!!!!!! seriously so amazing and that really was a testimony for him. 

I cant believe its been 6 mouths! I still feel like a baby:) But to look back and see my growth and the person I have become, it just gets me so excited for the year I have a head. 

 LOVE YOU ALL 
3D&G SISTER BITTERS





No comments:

Post a Comment