Saturday, November 24, 2018

Week 42 - Overland Park

GOBBLE GOBBLE 
 Hello everyone I hope you had an amazing week and I hope this week is even better! Because.... It's Thanksgiving!!!!! I love Thanksgiving so much. I'm a bit bummed because I won't be able to play in a "Turkey Bowl", this year (dang elders lol) but I do get to spend it serving in the best mission ever so... until next year:) 

 This year my eyes have been opened to so many things I'm grateful for.

1. My Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ. I'm grateful for the love that I feel that they have for me. I'm so grateful for my Savior and his atoning sacrifice to make it possible for me to return home to him, making it possible that I will never have to be alone, making it possible that my family can be together forever, and the list goes on and on. 
 2. My biggest cheerleaders and best friends ❤(mom&dad - Melanie&Troy Boy).
 I"m so beyond grateful for all they do for me and their example in my life. For teaching me all I know and loving me more then I can comprehend. 
3. My other best friends!❤ (my siblings) I am so grateful for their support and love. 
4. Baby Ollie & Baby Holland I'm so grateful to Heavenly Father for them ever day! 
     #miraclebaby❤
 5. My Mission and Mission President (aka Mission Parents) 
Words can not describe how grateful I am for my mission! For the good and the bad. I'm so grateful for the person I am becoming. I'm so grateful for my mission president! I have never met such a Christ like person in my life. I'm so grateful to have him leading me in one of my greatest adventures.
 6. Mission Family from families that have taken me in and made me one of them, to individual that let the gospel change there lives, to my companions that have become my sisters. Each one of you has blessed my life forever and will always be considered family.

Well that list can go on and on but I don't have all day or all week. 

 Funnies of this week! 
 1. Everyone in Kansas / Missouri has a glass screen door (worst enemy at times). But in this instance it was a really funny moment. we were out tracking trying to find the elect and I think others are thinking we are trying to also get frostbite. We went one house where the sweetest 11 year old boy Jonathan answered. We asked if we could share "The light of the world" video with him. He said yes :) so as I was pulling it up on my tablet Sister Galloway looks at Jonathan and sees a girl standing behind him and said "Your more then welcome to watch too" (I was so proud, because she reached out !) Jonathan turns around and is wondering who in the world she was talking too. I look up and am confused as well, as to who she was taking too. She started to bust up laughing and said "oh haha thats my reflection!". Me and Jonathan joined in with he laughter and then showed him the video. He told us that we could come back! 

 2. We were at Sister Wagnons House and she had guest over and one came up to Sister Galloway and me and introduced himself, I said hello and told him my name and then looked at Sister Galloway to introduce herself and she turned with full confidence and said "Hi I'm Sister Bitters"
 (haha). 

 We have also had an amazing miracles this week. On Saturday we knocked all day long (90 doors we counted !! ) and we found 3 potentails. One is named Austin. He was super interested and we will be contacted him to start teaching this week ! so excited to see where it goes. 

 Another AMAZING MIRACLE, yesterday we were having dinner with an amazing family in our ward and they referred us to go check in on a member that is struggling, we have been told to see this member a couple times and haven't been able to get a hold of her, when we do it just never a good time. So Sister Galloway and me felt that we just needed to go and show up. So... we did :) We showed up and she was home with 3 of her grand kids. Long story short we got talking about one of her grand kids named Uriah. It turns out that he has been wanting to be baptized and take the lessons for 2 years. We had our first lesson right then and there and commited him to be baptized December 15th. We have another lesson with him tonight. He is the cutest 10 year old and has such an amazing desire. 

I have learned this week that in the end when you are trying to find, teach and change peoples lives that it is having faith in Jesus Christ that brings the rewards.  We just need to leave everything in the his hands and he will fight our fights, give us strength and make things happen, if we just have faith. . 

We had zone conference this week as well. It was the most incredible zone conference that i have attend yet. 

LORD WILL PREFORM HIS GREATEST MIRACLES FROM NOW AND UNTIL HE COMES!!!!!!!!!!!! AND I GET TO BE APART OF THAT WORK! just thought that was the coolest thing of my life but no biggie:)

Love you all  - Sister Bitters ❤ 

Sister Bitters is getting a little Holland....💗



No comments:

Post a Comment